Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

to broken back cafenervousa

cancersue64
cancersue64
United States
2004/03/30, 06:14 AM
Hi, I do know the difference between the two. Unfortunately I have experienced both. I can tell you this an osteopath means that they are a chiropractor with specialized training.
An orthopedic surgeon is a medical doctor specializing in bones . If surgery is needed to mend the vertebrea you will find this out at the orthopedics office through an mri,myleogram,and x=rays. Please take my advice and see the orthopedic surgeon before anything else;they will determine if you need to see a neurosurgeon(for nerve blocks)or a Physiologist (which teaches you to do specialized exercises and uses ultrasound type machines and heat and ice, and teaches you how to do things differently.) Having gone through all of this and in need of nerve blocks again myself ,they change your life and help so much ; problem is i need them every now and then. So take it from someone that has been there . Go to a orthopedic and they will direct you from there. And remember i do have a spinal cord injury ;but through their help i walk and try and do work out daily. Moderation is the key. And good luck and i hope this helps.