Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Tingly pinky finger

richard2279
richard2279
Canada
2005/05/03, 11:07 AM
Okay, for about a week now, i've been waking up at night with my left hand tingly and my pinky and ring fingers pretty numb. Usually this goes away shortly after waking and i have no side effects during the day. However today, my pinky is still tingling. I made sure last night not to sleep on my arm and removed my watch. I'm 33 and been working out for 9 weeks......is it possible i could have done some damage (squashed) in my nerves/vessels of my left arm. I'm thinking maybe take a week off of lifting and see if it helps. Any thoughts? I'll be seeing my doctor if it occurs again tonight.
2005/05/03, 11:52 AM
Richard, welcome to FT. You could definitely have injured a nerve. These things take a long time to completely heal but as long as you don't keep reinjuring it , this shall pass. If it gets worse see a doc but I bet they will say there's not much to be done. This is just my personal experience. Oh yeah, it just gets worse with age.:big_smile:

--------------
Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!!!!!!

Charlie
richard2279
richard2279
Canada
2005/05/03, 04:37 PM
Charlie thanks for the input. I'm actually at the end of my work out 4 the week so 2 days off and we'll see if that helps.

sbroyhill
sbroyhill
United States
2005/05/03, 10:00 PM
I had this problem a few weeks back after coming back from a rock climbing trip. After a trip to the doctor he told me it was a nerve close to my elbow was inflamed, and caused the problem. He prescribed some painkillers which helped with the inflammation, and about 1-2 weeks later it went away.

Your symptoms seem identical to mine, which is why I think it is the same thing.

--------------
:Hard work equals great results!: