Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

thermogenics slow metabolism when stop!?

olivia.russe
olivia.russe
United States
2007/10/06, 06:04 PM
Hi,
Someone I know...used to (past tense) experiment with a lot of OTC thermogenic products (xenadrine, stacker 2 etc) and even some ephederine products like lipodrene, xlean..in their high school years.

1. Once you stop taking those products does your metabolism slow down or PERMEANTLY (sp?) change...

2. same w/ phentermine. a doctor presreibed it to me when my bmi was 25...will stop taking it make permament changes to my body?

ps I will go try to find some info on how metabolism functions,
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2007/11/04, 11:22 AM
Hi, Olivia.russe

To answer your question about your metabolism "slowing down" after using a weight loss pill, the answer is "kinda". You see, lets say your friend used these pills and lost weight with them. What happens when you loose fat is that your body now has to use less calories to maintain it's weight. So if your friend didn't lower their calorie intake to match their weight requirements, then the weight will come back on. Thats why it's so crucial to have a balanced diet, cardio, and strength training program. So in essence, your "metabolism" dose slow down a little, but not in the way your're thinking. You should google "base metabolic rate calculator". You should be able to determine the amount of calories you use for your size from one of those calculators. And remember as your weight drops, you need to recalculate your BMR(base metabolic rate).
So in a nutshell, no matter what you choose to do pill- wise, a healthy diet and exercise needs to come first. This is the only way that you will sustain any long term weight loss.