Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

That sick feeling

kevtheraise
kevtheraise
United Kingdom
2001/06/09, 05:46 AM
Over the past week when training i have felt sick after my workout.And yesterday(leg day)after doing squats i had to stop and go to the bathroom in fear of throwing up!This means i could not train my hams or calves which really pissed me off.Anyone had the same experiance? I ate my pre-workout meal about 1 3/4 hours before training too!
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/06/09, 10:43 AM
Are you drinking water before and during your workout? You should drink small amounts of water during your workout to prevent dehydration. Also what does your pre workout meal consist of? Is it loading with sugars? How much Soda POP do you drink before your workout? Are you consuming and Fat Burning aids?

~billk~
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/06/09, 05:39 PM
do you make sure that you get anough amount of sleep..It also depends on your preworkout meal, it should not contain too many protiens.
Amr
kevtheraise
kevtheraise
United Kingdom
2001/06/10, 08:30 AM
I make sure i drink loads of water and i always stay away from soft drinks.I think you may have it Amr ..i do probably consume too much protein for my preworkout meal.And i don't don't always get enough sleep! Thanks everyone :)
archan
archan
India
2001/06/10, 01:47 AM
Have u noticed your water intake.It should be around 8 litres everyday or else u will be exhausted.Concentrate on your post workout meal too.While doing your squats do not move your head much.Try 2 keep it as still as possible.Take some rest after doing your exercises.
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/06/10, 04:45 AM

that happens to me sometimes when I rush into my workouts...you need to take things easy..have adequate rest between sets and exercises...keep the form right (no head tilting) and don't worry much about the load u use
bicep
bicep
Canada
2001/06/10, 08:16 PM
it might also be due to drinkin` milk ...

I had it 4 weeks ago something like that I didn`t throw up but after I had my shake (milk+protein) I felt sick

...my sis`friend`s brother got sick after drinkin` milk ...don`t know the details ... but I heard he had to can`t workout .......
sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/06/17, 12:48 AM
It's hard to say what your "sick feeling" could be. You were rather vague about the description. Was it more of a nauseating feeling? Did your face feel cool and numb? Did you see spots of red? If so, it's nothing uncommon. What you should do is simply take a break and most importantly drink water. Be sure to stretch out the muscle group your working on during this break. However, you might want to consult your physician if the sickness persists beyond what YOU think is normal. You might also want to check the supplements you're taking. I know first hand that Thermogenic products will give you a very unstomaching affect. Products like Hydroxy-cut, Xtreme Trim, Xenadrine, Metabolife, and countless others use a very high dose of caffeine. The caffeine acts as a catalyst for the main ingredient used in these "fat burners." However, the increased strain on you nervous system (which ephedra is known to do) could give you those faint feelings to. So if you're on the Thermogenic supplements, be sure to hydrate yourself frequently, and try to cut back at least to half the dosage. GOOD LUCK
kevtheraise
kevtheraise
United Kingdom
2001/06/17, 10:24 AM
Great info sandman ....thanks!