Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Tennis elbow.

lthonner
lthonner
United Kingdom
2007/07/01, 05:49 AM
I am on week 6 of my program,its going well but for the last week my arm is hurting so much:( Its on the front of my arm next to my elbow.I can still do my barbell curls,but i cant do hammer curls because it hurts to much!!! Is this what they call tennis elbow? Or is it something else?I know i should rest,but i dont want to mess up my program!Have any of you had the same problem?
jakewa3
jakewa3
Canada
2007/07/03, 10:04 PM
Go see a doctor if you can, but it does sound very much like tennis elbow, take some time off, ice it, take some OTC anti-inflamitories if you are able to and ease back into the training when the pain is gone. My TE flares up every time I increase my training by either too much weight or 1 too many reps. I have to increase very slowly or it is many months before I can train pain free.
lthonner
lthonner
United Kingdom
2007/07/04, 05:54 AM
Thanks 4 the reply,i will see my doctor A.S.A.P.

============
Quoting from jakewa3:

Go see a doctor if you can, but it does sound very much like tennis elbow, take some time off, ice it, take some OTC anti-inflamitories if you are able to and ease back into the training when the pain is gone. My TE flares up every time I increase my training by either too much weight or 1 too many reps. I have to increase very slowly or it is many months before I can train pain free.
=============