Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Supporting each other to our goals

Catarina88
Catarina88
Australia
2008/12/03, 04:01 AM
Hi! i'm new to this online community and i want to use it as a 'support program'! (if possible) Not just for myself, but to give and recieve it.
Okay, so what's your goal?... Mine- I find the best thing for me to do is to have a realistic image in my head of what i am aiming my body to look like. I have pictures of myself where i've started and my progression, i sometimes use them as motivation to prevent me from spitting my dummy out and going back to old ways. I don't concentrate so much on what the scales say these days, i know its still important, but they drive me to distraction and slighty insane, i have to remind myself of the old muscle to fat ratio. (u know when you get on and just think, that can't be right!) So now i go on measurements, what i look like, how clothes feel and how i feel. (well i try to anyway!)
Okay, so for about 7 weeks now i have been going to the gym 6days a week, varying my workouts, weight, cardio, group classes and personal training sessions. Being in the gym for at least an hour (up to 2- 2 1/2)
I think the main think that lets me down is my diet. I am very strict with myself, sometimes too strict, to the point when i completely fall off the track. Which is so frustrating! All that hard work! But to be fair, not once in the past 7 weeks have i dodged the gym when i'm supposed to go, so i'm getting better!
I want to share my progress with other ppl and hopefully hear from your progresses too!
Look forward to hearing from you! (sorry for the long thread!)