Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Supplements

crystaldew
crystaldew
Canada
2003/02/11, 04:38 PM
What is the benefit of Meal Replacement Bars/ Myoplex/ Whey Protein drinks if you're dieting specifically to tone and lose inches?
I have spoken to a few nutritionists and one said to take Whey, one said to eat Myoplex bars between meals (in addition to small snacks) and I'm not sure if they understood my 'weight loss' question or if they are just muscle hungry.
Is there anything out there that you would recommend to us Dieters that can help shed the inches faster (that doesn’t have any hi energy side effects or make us feel like crazy diet pill poppers)?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/11, 04:45 PM
I would have to agree with your nutritionists instructions.
It's very important to feed your body with the proper nutrients. IE: Protien for example, you need at least 1 gram per lb of body weight for your daily allowance. It is hard to get that through natural means with our busy schedules so we have to supplement our diet. Whey protien is the best quality protien on the market. Mrp's are like a meal, but good quality also. Myoplex is a Brand name that makes different kinds of shakes and bars, from EAS.
Hope this helps. Just peaked in to the ladies area!

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada
crystaldew
crystaldew
Canada
2003/02/11, 05:13 PM
Thanks Carivan... I'm so new at this I'm not really sure what all these different supplements are for.
Any suggestions if my goal is to Lose Inches/Tone and my work out is appx 3hr cardio, 3 hrs training, and 2 hours strengthening yoga per week?
I've been reading around the different messages regarding Myoplex bars/shakes and it sounds that those are meant to be taken for protein.
I'm lost :(
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/11, 05:23 PM
Check your email on here crystaldew. I sent you some info.

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada