Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Student needs help

SheDevil10
SheDevil10
United States
2002/10/11, 04:20 PM
hey...if there is anyone in college in here that knows how to form fitness programs I a a kinesiology major and doing a fitness program for a snowboarder.....its a project for my principles of conditioning class...if anyone has any ideas on soe great exercises noonand sport specific... i would appreciate them....i have some ideas but need some more weight lifting and activities for my program.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/10/11, 10:40 PM
I used to snowboard quite a bit when I was growing up. Since I'm in FL, its a bit difficult to do that now. Anyway, I know that after a full day of boarding, my butt and thighs were always sore (no, not from falling). So, just from my experience, I think lunges, box squats, and leg presses and would help.

If you need a research subject to test this out on, please let me know. I've been looking for an excuse to head north and snowboard for the past 3 years. Think your college would pay for the trip? ;)

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
SheDevil10
SheDevil10
United States
2002/11/19, 11:11 AM
i wish my college is super cheap...hehehehe.....if you want a copy of the program once I am done I am more then willing to send you a copy, i am thinking about taking the test afterwards and getting certified as a strength and conditioning coach since this is basically the same class ....I live in so cal right now so I cant tell you snowboarding isnt to much easier here though I am looking to move to where i can wakeup and have snow in my front yard, I have those exercises on my list i am trying to think more about synergist muscles as well and calves since its freestyle snowboarding at an advanced/pro level....any other ideas?

--------------
Better to be hated for who you are then loved for who your not!
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2002/11/19, 05:44 PM
Any sort of balance type exercises maybe? Standing on a wobbly platform (that had a pole holding it up in just the middle) and trying to maintain balance. Emphasis on endurance. I guess it depends on what kind of snowboarding - speed or stunt?

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan