Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Stubborn belly fat!

retriraver
retriraver
United States
2009/09/17, 01:12 AM
Hi, I need some advice from someone who has been able to get rid of that stubborn belly-fat that likes to hide those abs we all have under there..

I'm 22, Male (obviously) am 5'9 1/2" and weigh in at 165 lbs

I'm in pretty good shape. I am muscular but not huge, about a medium muscle build. The problem I'm having is that little bit of belly fat that will not go away!

I run 3 miles every Mon-Wed-Fri after my usual weight training session.

I eat very healthy compared to most people. Whole grains, fat-free milk, turkey instead of beef, grain cereals, etc etc.. I workout about 2 hours 3 times a week, including a 30 minute fast run on the treadmill after my weight lifting.

I basically just want to lose the that little bit of fat AND build my abs to match the rest of my body. My arms, chest, shoulders and legs are all well toned, but my mid section is mediocre for some reason. I do ball sit-ups and crunches every workout and free weight ab workouts..

Any tips on getting rid of this fat and toning those abs? I am able and willing to commit to a more intense workout schedule, but I feel as though I should be ripped with all the workouts I do and the intensity level I put it..

If any other guys were where I was, and now you are happy with your mid-section, please send me some advice. What did you do? How frequent to workout and what workouts? What kind of diet?

Any help would be awesome, thanks!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/09/17, 09:40 AM
It's the diet man. You may do 1,000,000 crunches a week, but unless you are eating a reduced calorie long enough to cut the fat weight, you'll never get the abs your looking for.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/09/17, 06:32 PM
Returnplex is right on, another tip which I found good is to work abs before bed. Your muscles rebuild when resting , there for most blood will get to your abs when asleep, not needing as much elsewhere in your body. This is why body temp and bp drop when asleep.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)