Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Stronger Ribs

weaponX
weaponX
United Kingdom
2002/03/27, 05:36 AM
Hi,

I've just started on the training program, and today I have that nice ache that tells me I've done something, but not so much as to put me off.

My question is this, I've been training in Muay Thai for a few years now, but still feel roundkicks to the ribs quite badly, looking at videos of top fighters you can see what looks like a layer of muscle covering the ribs all the way down to the shorts, anybody have any ideas how they acheive this, or is it just because they train Thai almost everyday?

----------------------------
"I'm the best I am at what I do ~
But what I do best isn't very nice"
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/03/27, 07:01 AM
welcome,

they most likely have well developed abdominals, obliques nd serratus muscles. You can have the same with the abs programs here at ft.. especially the 12 week abs program.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
weaponX
weaponX
United Kingdom
2002/03/27, 09:40 AM
Thanks Arnold,

I included the abs program in my exercise choice, start it tomorrow, just have to wait and see what happens

--------------
"I'm the best I am at what I do ~
But what I do best isn't very nice"
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/03/27, 10:20 AM
Also, you can try to expand your ribcage by doing Straight Arm Pullovers. This also helps develop your chest and pectorals.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/28, 02:31 AM
Take a dumbell (or other weight) in your hands, stand up legs wide, don't move your legs or your hips and then slowly twist the upper body. Contract all the muscles when twisting to one side, relax one sec and twist to the other side and harden your abs again.

This is just one exercise to build up your obliques. You got many more out there. Just don't forget one thing; obliques are like any other muscles and they'll grow bigger if you keep using too much weight. Your waist will get bigger.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....