Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Strength Training: frequency

Starlight87
Starlight87
United States
2003/01/20, 07:51 PM
My first strength training workout was this morning and I absolutly loved it! I was curious if it would be bad for my muscles to strength train 5 days a week (mon. - fri.) instead of 3 times.

----------------------------
*Starlight*
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/20, 07:54 PM
Your muscles need recovery time. Don't work the same muscles until at least 48 hrs. That doesnt mean you can't go to the gym and work other muscles or cardio. I don't know if this is completely new to you, but at the begining we all want to live in the gym, start off slow and aclimatise yourself.
Glad you loved your work out, sounds like you put good effort into it.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Greenlee
Greenlee
United States
2003/01/20, 10:02 PM
My question for you would be:Are you just jumping into the strength training or do you have a trainer to show you what to do for what and how to do the proper exercise? I do strength trainig 5 days a week, and cardio only twice a week...don't get me wrong this is a very strenuous workout, but I am training for an intese competition...you need to sit down with a trainer and find out what type of strength training you need to be doing, and how many times a week you should do they should cover all of it with you
Good luck!