Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

strange clicks/crunch feeling

MJJIM
MJJIM
United Kingdom
2005/05/05, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a couple of problems- I started weight training about 4 months ago as a complete beginner. I have since bought a home free weight gym thing, and workout according to the freetrainers plan.

I notice now however a srange crunch/multiple clicking when I chest press in my shoulder...I dont think its a bad injury or anything but it really puts me off working out!

On top of that, last week I did a few squats, and actually felt something go wrong in my knee(it was a one leg side squat- NEVER again!). The next day i found that my leg/thight movement was extremely restricted. Since then it has got a lot better...but still really madly aches when left in normal L shape. When i extend them, they click and there is great relief!!!

I travel on the train and bus a lot, so obviously the stretching out is not always feasible and so I have to suffer till excruciation...and a giant click when finally extended (often embarrasingly so "why is that man pulling a strange face and streching his leg, mommy?" lol

My questions are this:

Will my knee heal on its own? Can I continue with more gentle weighted squats etc.

Should I worry about the clicks in my shoulder?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/05/05, 03:39 PM
i think i had the same problem with my shoulder awhile ago.. look up rotator cuff exercises. ive been doing those lately, and havent had any troubles with my shoulder and chest workouts.

in terms of your knee, always make sure your feet are pointed forward when you are squatting from now on! angling them out or in puts alot of torque on the joint, and can lead to injury. i dont want to be the one to say start doing squats again incase something happens.. maybe see a doctor, give it some more time to rest, or if you feel up to it, start agian with light weights. hope some of this helps..
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/05/05, 09:51 PM
Try using universal jointment sport. I have only been using it for 2 weeks and all ready my knees and shoulder are feeling almost good as new.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.