Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

still not comfortable with body

lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2004/02/06, 09:58 AM
I need some advice from you men because only you can tell me how to take this. I have lost some weight and I am toning up..........the other day I was in the the gym and when I go there I were a tank top (manbeater) and a pair of
shorts.............I wear as little as possilbe without exposing skin other then arms and legs because I sweat like a goat in heat and one of my guy friends was there and he looked at me and said you hide your body when you go out because you pile all those clothes on it he said I had no idea you had curves and then he said that I was solid..........ok I do have some poundage to lose but what does that mean Solid???..........does it mean that my fat is solid and not cottage cheese like????
I feel that he gave me a compliment but does this mean that I should change the way I dress??? You know when I tell people that I want to be a lot smaller guys say no you have to have some meat on your bones..........but it isnt my type of woman that turns their head when I walk down the street.......so what is it fellas.......I am all confused now.

--------------
you can lead the horse to the water but you can't make them drink.....

~lynnoakdale
Julisa
Julisa
United States
2004/02/06, 10:03 AM
It seems like he was trying to gently flirt with you and encourage you to have a more positive self-image. You should work towards getting your body where YOU want it. If you like what you see in the mirror, maintain. If you do not, intensify. Wear whatever you feel comfortable and sexy in!
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/02/06, 10:06 AM
AVOID MEN AT THE GYM AT ALL COSTS!!!!! We do not want to have casual conversation. We are pigs and perverts. Listen to nothing that we say.

--------------
Hec da Rec in full effect.
lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2004/02/06, 10:27 AM
Thanks Hec...............mentally noted

--------------

~lynnoakdale
Mike_sp8
Mike_sp8
United States
2004/02/06, 04:13 PM
Maybe he was just being honest with you. You have to feel good about yourself and know that you are working hard to be what you want. Some folks never even step foot in the gym and just set around a bitc, well you know what I mean. Take it for what it's worth, someone thinks your hard work is paying off.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/02/06, 04:19 PM
It was most likely a compliment...especially when he noticed your curves!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
2004/02/06, 05:16 PM
I vote compliment too.Curves are always good. As far as how you dress, hec's right. We're dogs. Wear tank tops and short shorts.....all the time...everywhere you go.... unless its bikini season.....Woof

--------------
Its like herding cats.

Charlie
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2004/02/06, 06:30 PM
Who let the dogs out...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Smashley16
Smashley16
United States
2004/02/07, 11:25 AM
I would say it was a compliment...I am 5'5 and 1/2 an I weigh 211lbs. Well, then other day I invited my friend Jenny to work out with me and I work out in cropped stretch pants, and she was like "wow! You look good in stretch pants" I was like umm....ok. But I think the reason she was so surprised is because I usually wear really baggy pants/t-shirts so it was a compliment. I hardly ever wear tight clothes. So I would take what he said as a compliment, even if he is a guy.
lynnoakdale
lynnoakdale
United States
2004/02/07, 04:53 PM
you know it is amazing what you find underneath all the excess weight.....I still have a ways to go but I am able to look at myself in the mirror these days naked and I see bones I never knew I had...........I think about this when I am hungry and I really want some chocolate or something bad for me...I think about wearing waist pants with a cut off shirt exposing my stomach and that gets me through.........you guys are awesome!!!!!

--------------

~lynnoakdale
2004/02/07, 05:01 PM
woof

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/02/07, 06:35 PM
I frequently look at myself naked in the mirror. I am usually wearing women's clothing. Is this cause for concern?

--------------
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/02/07, 06:36 PM
Ok I just realized my last statement made absolutely no sense. Can I rescind that statement?

--------------
2004/02/07, 06:38 PM
Can we get some pix?? Its really hard to judge.

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/02/22, 09:15 AM

============
Quoting from charlie826:

Can we get some pix?? Its really hard to judge.

=============

were you reffering to hec and his naked/womens clothing pictures?

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist