Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Still a beginner?

thebriman
thebriman
United States
2009/03/07, 09:05 AM
At what point does one move from beginner to intermediate?

I've been following the FT beginner 5 day plan for 8 weeks. After the 8th week I switched to an intermediate program for some variation.

Is this wise or should I still be a beginner?

I noticed the intermediate plan seems to have fewer reps but does have some new exercises.

When to switch?

--------------
Bri-man
hbomb0105
hbomb0105
United States
2010/02/09, 09:41 AM
It all depends on the person. I am finshing up a intermediate general progression training program right now. I am not new to lifting I have been doing it for almost 12years now. I started with the intermediate program to see how the program here works. I have seen some changes I like in my body, but not the challenge I am looking for, so in my next 8 week program I am going to be ding a advance general progression training program. I have looked at some of the exercise and it is more challengeing. Like clean and press, something I have done before when I was training for college lacrosse. So it all depends on the person and what your experence is lifting. If the beginner program was good but not challenging enough move up to intermediate and see what happenes. Follow the program throught and then decide on what to do next time. keep us up to date.