Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Squeaky Knee

mikjones
mikjones
United States
2005/09/21, 01:59 AM
Hey Everyone,

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my left knee sometimes squeaks when I walk or bend it. Does this mean I have tendonitis in my left knee? Is there something else that could be wrong? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I would have gone to the doctor and asked his opinion, but I'm waiting for my health insurance to clear =(. Anyways, Thanks everyone!
2005/09/25, 05:02 AM
most likely it's nothing...
does it hurt? if it doesn't then it's probably not as serious...

when did it first start?

wait didn't ur doc say some possibilitiesof what it could be or do you pay him per word(lol....it's slowly going this way)? you waiting for insurance for x-rays? or some other specialized tests?

ask your doc about glucosomine/choindroitin/MSM and fish oil....first helps with joints(rebuild and pr4vent wearing ....fish oil helps with inflammmation....
mikjones
mikjones
United States
2005/09/27, 07:41 PM
I actually haven't gone to the doctor as of yet, because I was switching insurance companies, and I had to wait for the new insurance to be activated (which just happened, so I'll be making an appointment soon enough). The squeaking actually started about 3-4 weeks ago. About a week and a half ago I started increasing my intake of various multivitamins, calcium, and other things that I should have been doing the first place. The squeaking has almost stopped now, but still occurrs occasionally. I never really felt any pain in my knees, but the noise was really loud and kind of scared me. Oh well, hopefully its nothing serious. Thanks for the advice though!
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2005/10/01, 10:43 AM
i dont think it neccesarily means anything, im 17 and my knees have squeaked for probably the last 5 years. but if you wanna be sure then go doctors.

--------------
a dove is a glove, that i wear on my heart, and though i like to dress smart, it doesnt have any part in the world of fashion.