Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Squats, Plyometrics

gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/05/24, 10:57 AM
It could be your legs are tired and that is why you perceive your vert as being lower. Fresh legs make a huge difference. After 6-9 weeks of training take a week off. Then test your vert. If it is still lower then repost for a fix.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/05/23, 02:20 PM
I've been doing squats and step ups for my vertical. I do 5 sets of 5 with squats and use db's for step ups.....I have seen improvement in my strength, but almost a decrease in my jumping ability!! I'm starting a plyometric program this week, hopefully that's the missing piece of the puzzle??

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/05/23, 02:23 PM
I forgot to mention that I also have been doing calf raises.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/05/23, 11:29 PM
How frequently are you squatting?
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/06/27, 11:29 PM
I'm only squatting once a week.........thanks guys (sorry about the late response) My jump's come back already lol......but I'm still working very hard on it. Gator I'm going to do the power basketball cycle this summer (very soon after I finish a different one) and I will email you about my progress once I start. The jerks and cleans will be somethin VERY new to me. Never done anything like that before.