Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

sprained neck

comeoriginal
comeoriginal
United States
2004/10/23, 12:53 PM
Well, i don't really know how it happened... but i was stretching my neck... i must have done something wrong because all of a sudden a felt a serious pain. After that, my head is stuck in a somewhat crooked position. i can move it in some directions but it hurts to move most of the time. I can walk and do everything pretty much normal, except for the fact that my neck is crooked and hurts pretty bad.

Any suggestions on what i might do about it? thanks.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/24, 09:56 AM
umm......anything to do with the neck, spine, back see a doc

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
BudFox
BudFox
United States
2004/10/29, 10:47 AM
I agree with BigA. See a doctor. I would recommend a chiropractor as we see these problems all the time. Many things could have happened. The most likely scenario is you strained the muscle and its going into spasm causing your head to be pulled to one side (torticollis). I would imagine you have rotation and tilting of the head to the affected side (chin rotates to the opposite side) along with Intermittent painful spasms of sternomastoid, trapezius and other neck muscles. Also, you may have jammed the facet joints of the spine. Hard to give you a definitive answer over the internet, go see a chiropractor.

============
Quoting from comeoriginal:

Well, i don't really know how it happened... but i was stretching my neck... i must have done something wrong because all of a sudden a felt a serious pain. After that, my head is stuck in a somewhat crooked position. i can move it in some directions but it hurts to move most of the time. I can walk and do everything pretty much normal, except for the fact that my neck is crooked and hurts pretty bad.

Any suggestions on what i might do about it? thanks.
=============