Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Special 12 Week Mass QUESTION

SUPERKARL
SUPERKARL
United States
2003/02/02, 01:43 PM
Hello, I am a newbee and I have just started the Special 12 week mass program. THe first set requires 20 reps usually then goes to 6 or 8 the next sets. Is the first set a warm up type set, or should I use the same weight throughout? My guess would be to increase the weight to a weight where I can keep good form.

Also, I have been working out for about a year and a half. THe first year I saw substantial gains in muscle and weight. I went from 145lbs. to 176lbs.. Now my body seems to just stay the same. Being 6'2 my ideal weight would be around 210lbs. Any suggestions?

----------------------------
SUPERKARL
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/03, 02:14 AM
First thing, you answered your first question yourself; a warm up set and always increase your weights (so each set is hard to do).

Secondly, you probably need to eat a lot more. What's your diet?

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
SUPERKARL
SUPERKARL
United States
2003/02/03, 08:48 PM
I eat a lot. I try to stay away from stuff that is not too fattening though. I eat a lot of peanut butter and tuna because I have read that it will put pounds on you. However the doc told me that I have a super high metabilism. I usually just burn off anything I eat. Any suggestions?
chris_poel
chris_poel
United Kingdom
2003/02/04, 12:50 PM
Karl, snap - I'm the same hiehgt and may as well be the same weight. The only way you're going to get to the magic 210lbs quickly is through eating 3 boiled chickens a day and two MUSCLEMAX2000MASSPUMPEREXTREEEMEEE protein shakes either side of each chicken. But, and I believe in the but, you don't want to do that, because that's expensive. Once you have your 210lbs you'll have to keep taking the shakes/creatine to keep it on. Be patient and put it on naturally, without worrying about foods, etc.

If you want to keep putting on the weight and not urinate your money away with supplements the whole time you're doing it, just push it harder.

I found that after I became relatively competant at lifting weights that I started to get a little more competetive with the people around me, where before I hadn't bothered because I was so much weaker than them. Don't be afraid, now that you're on par with a few of them, to push yourself just as hard as you did before; and my advice to you is make lots of noise with your breathing - it really does help.

Most of all don't worry about it! If you're doing it for pride be proud, you're fit. If you're doing it for girls, I'm the same dimensions as you and I'm engaged to a wealthy model! Worry will only make you feel bad and grow cancer ;-)