Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Special 12 Week Mass QUESTION

SUPERKARL
SUPERKARL
United States
2003/02/02, 01:42 PM
Hello, I am a newbee and I have just started the Special 12 week mass program. THe first set requires 20 reps usually then goes to 6 or 8 the next sets. Is the first set a warm up type set, or should I use the same weight throughout? My guess would be to increase the weight to a weight where I can keep good form.

Also, I have been working out for about a year and a half. THe first year I saw substantial gains in muscle and weight. I went from 145lbs. to 176lbs.. Now my body seems to just stay the same. Being 6'2 my ideal weight would be around 210lbs. Any suggestions?

----------------------------
SUPERKARL
therainmaker
therainmaker
Denmark
2003/03/09, 12:11 AM
Can’t help you out with the first part of your question, but might have a theory that would answer your second question.

Do you take any supplements at all? If you don't then you have probably reached the natural plateau where muscle gain is harder or impossible to achieve without the help of supplements.

--------------
Be patient, persistent and strong and you will succeed.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/03/09, 10:50 PM
The answer to the first question is yes it is a warmup set. When doing a mass workout add weight on each set heavy enought to challenge you to finish the set. AS to the second question, I am goin to have to differ with therainmaker, he is right most likely you have reached a plateau. However it is never impossible to break that with out supplements. I mean that you need to look at a number of different areas one is diet the next is sleep the next is you routine in the gym have you changed it in the last few weeks? Try supersets, dropsets anyting at all to "shock" you muscles into new growth. I am thinking you may need to eat more protein. Supplements are not a cure all thing they can enhance your diet but do not make the body. Eating real food, sleep and a intense workout do.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!