Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

So New, So Overwhelmed!

allifank
allifank
United States
2010/03/14, 03:44 PM
Hello all!

I am so ridiculously new to weight training and exercising in general that it is embarrassing. I went to a school that had a weight room, but high school PE really doesn't focus on weight training so much as dodgeball and running the mile, at least in my high school.

I took a swimming course a year ago in my last semester of college. I also took a HapKiDo course. That is the most intense, focused exercise I have had in a long time, and that was, like I said, a year ago. I haven't done much lately. I recently joined a gym in West Des Moines, IA and have no idea where to start. I have my program printed out, but the machines are VERY intimidating. I had initially wanted to get a trainer, but with student loans in repayment the extra money was in no way feasible. I have no idea how to go about a diet, or where the machines I need are. Basically, I just need a lot of moral support, and guidance, please!

Thanks!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2010/03/14, 04:37 PM
Welcome and don't be intimidated. They are just machines. Ask someone at the gym to give you an orientation.
Also, if you printed a program from here, go back on the screen and clik on each exercise, you should see a short clip.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)