Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

so much stress

bfield
bfield
United States
2002/06/29, 09:45 AM
I am a 40 something mother with 2 kids in college and a daughter who is going to be a soph. in high school. She is also chronically ill. For the last 2 years all my time has been spent on her and my other children (which is what I wanted to do) but my weight is now at an all time high and I never seem to exercise. My husband started walking a few weeks ago and says it helps him. I am hoping that by doing something for myself that I can be more support to my daughter and my other two and my husband. I do feel guilty even thinking about myself though. That might be my hardest obstical.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/06/29, 11:25 AM
Welcome to FT. I know a lot of mothers that have the same problem. When it gets right down to it though, one of the best gifts you can give your family is a healthy mother. :) This is a good site so take advantage of it.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/01, 01:42 AM
I know it's hard but you'll see when you first start to work out, you'll actually have more energy to do more things..... Your sleep will also be of better quality so you'll recover faster.
It's all good for you and you'll feel better in soul and mind.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/02, 07:24 PM
You shouldn't feel guilty by wanting to be in good physical health. I don't live with my daughter right now because I am in the military and stationed overseas without my husband and daughter. I sometimes feel guilty by not seeing her grow up but I now that I am supporting her the best I know how. Being active helps to relief a lot of stress and it will make you a happier person and your family will love that.

--------------
Lisa