Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Smoker, newbie!

yd4tbqhgzp
yd4tbqhgzp
Egypt
2012/08/04, 02:20 PM
Hello! :)
I've recently taken the decision to start exercising again after many years of being a bum, but I'm not sure where or how to start. I :

- used to play football (Soccer) regulary until 5 years ago when I had a bad ankle injury. I'm fine now, but I have never played sports regulary ever since.

- I am a smoker. I know, I know.. 

- I don't have much people to train with, they're all unuintrested to burn these extra calories, so I'm training solo (Not even a personal trainer).

My current physical fitness is not that good, I can barely run for 5 minutes (at half speed maybe), 4 push ups and 15 sit ups before getting this burning sensation. Also, I'm overweight. My goals are: to lose the extra weight in 2~3 months, be able to run for 30 minutes at least and start building some strength (I mean, currently strength is not my top priority)

OK, so after this long introduction, I wanted to hear your opinions about where to start. Is it pure cardio for 6 months ? maybe just 2 weeks ? How much stretching exercises should I do ? For how long should be the exercising session, excluding the warming up ? Do you have any workout plans that you think that it could be suitable for someone with low fitness/smoker like me ? Any tip is greatly appreciated :)
Rennetta
Rennetta
Bulgaria
2012/08/05, 11:13 AM
Cardio in the mornings and weight training in the afternoons. For best results. Fats melts after the twentieth minute of cardio training, so forty five minutes its enought. After two, three weeks or month increase to 60 minutes. Cigarettes interfere for weight loss, but you''re a smoker and thats your choice. I wish you good luck!
Rennetta
Rennetta
Bulgaria
2012/08/05, 11:23 AM
I forgot the nutrition. Don't eat sugar or very salty foods, becouse salt retains water. Drink a lot of water, green tea and proteine shakes. Drink thermogenic fat burner, L-carnitine or Pyruvate... Eat only good fats such as nuts. And forget about cooking oil. Use only extra virgin olive oil.  :))
Ra1
Ra1
Canada
2012/08/17, 02:10 PM
hi rennetta... thanks for the suggestion...... suggest some cardio exercises to burn more fats and time spna...... currently i use

tredmill - 15-20 min (includes walking n jogging )
stepper - 10 min 
cross trainer - 10 min.

currently i am in 3rd week in my gym..........  :))
Harperjoy
Harperjoy
Canada
2013/01/01, 01:19 PM
I am at least 50 pounds overweight and so out of shape that I literally just don't know where or how to start as I feel so tired all the time. Does anyone have advice as to where I can start?