Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Slight pain in the shoulder...

Balkanac
Balkanac
Australia
2005/05/30, 04:46 AM
About a week ago I injured my shoulder. I am not sure how , but i just feel it in the muscle that connects with the pac. Its a very slight pain and I feel it when i do bench for example. I stoped lifting weights until it stop hurting.

Here is a few questions:

1) Should I still countinue eating as much as I am eating now while off weights ? ( 6 meals a day , high protein)

2) Should I do HIIT ( or any other cardion) while my injury heals?

I am still doing legs and abs at the gym becaouse it doesnt effect the shoulder.

I should add that I have been lifting weights for over three years and this is my first injury. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

thank you
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/05/30, 08:40 AM
1) keep up your meals.. maybe drop your varb intake to your maintenance level

2) if you are looking to continue trimming fat, then yes continue with HIIT

sounds like a rotator cuff injury to me.. look into this on google or something for some exercises (ie. internal/external rotation). i had a similar injury, trained them, and dont have the problem anymore. hope this helps..
dvelswk
dvelswk
United States
2005/05/31, 06:54 AM
Get an elastic band (you know the ones at physical therapy centers). The injury you have is a very common injury, I had it and the elastic band is what helped me. They strengthen your rotator cuffs up.
Balkanac
Balkanac
Australia
2005/05/31, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. Just a couple more questions.

How long can I expect to be off training?
When I do go back, how heavy should I lift?

Thank you
bropie
bropie
Canada
2005/05/31, 10:18 AM
depends, some people heal quickly. give it time to rest before jumping back into your original routine. when you feel confident, keep easing your way back to your original program, but dont push it too hard, too fast. you dont want to risk reinjury, or make it worse.
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2005/06/01, 05:09 AM
Also if you get any pain again after lifting, put ice on the affected joint.
You could train the side which is not injured - there is evidence that training the opposite side helps to prevent muscle wasting in the affected side.

good luck

--------------
The path to righteousness is a cycle path