Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Sleeping habbits

Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/07/25, 04:09 AM
I have very bad sleeping habbits, I'm used to sleeping late after midnight, and wake up just before noon. I had to do that last year and the year before because of studying, but now I just can't get back to normal. My question is: for best development, do I have to sleep early at night? and what If sleep so late, will that stop or slow down my progress? any comments appreciated. thanx
Amr
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/07/25, 11:11 AM
The earlier you arise, the easier it will be to get to sleep at a better hour at night. That's the most simple way I could put it. Progress will be ok, as long as you eat right.
Sweeny
Sweeny
United States
2001/07/25, 12:10 PM

I don't think it should make too much difference if you are still getting AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep. The time of your sleep probably doesn't have much signigicance. -sweeny
SeanyBoy
SeanyBoy
Canada
2001/08/22, 11:05 PM
i have read an article a while ago about sleeping Amr. it said that Sleeping at night time can not be replaced by any sleep in the day time... but in your case i do not believe it should effect you cause you sleep just after mid night and its still night ....

but for people who work night shifts and sleep on day time, they are sellin their life time and its proven for a fact that they will live shorter...

Make sure to make your room dark enough so the next day the light can't get in... its really important to sleep in a dark place because light wont let your eyes to be relaxed. me personally have the same habbit as you sleep late and wake up late, but i use eye cover, i shut down my phone line and pager and close the window and turn on the fan and sleep good 10 hours every night specially if i was workin out hard...

hope this helped...

Cheers

SeanyBoy