Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

slacker

aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/09/11, 03:15 PM
Ok, so i have been lurking here a while and have not stuck to the program like i should have so i restarted the program and i promise to stck with it :)

i have a couple questions and have not found the answer by searching so maby some of you guys could help.

when do i try for my 1 rep max on the individual excersizes?

should i try to start heay and lighten up through the reps or the other way around? i have heard both and neither.

just looking for a few helpful tips so i can use all the tools avalible to me here. thank you in advance!

--------------
Nic and Christina
"i run untill i can't breath, can't walk, can't move. Then i turn around and run home."
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/09/14, 11:33 AM
I rarely do my max lifts. There's a lot of guys concerned about being able to lift more than the next guy, but I only compete with me. I do max's MAYBE once a month if that.
As far as how to lift, conventional wisdom is to start with a lower weight and higher reps and finish with a heavier weight for lower reps (i.e 12,10,8,6). I actually do it the other way around, but I am always well stretched out and have a warm-up set in first.
aggrazel
aggrazel
United States
2009/09/16, 01:33 PM
than you for the post, i will readjust my weights and try it out!