Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

skinny man's fat dilema...

senor
senor
United States
2007/05/09, 10:14 PM
I've always been a hard gainer in regards to muscle mass. I stopped working out about a year ago and now I have a horrible gut. Problem is I'm still pretty skinny, which means I'm skinn and fat! Can you believe that crap?

Anyhow, I want the gut gone. It kills my lower back, and it looks gross. I want my washboard stomach back. However, because there is no such thing as spot reduction, I'm going to wind up losing weight everywhere (my belly is typically the last place I lose weight). I don't want to get skinnier in the belly at the expense of skinnier everywhere else.

So, my question: is it possible to gain a little bit of muscle while burning fat? Example: I want to build some more muscle in my chest. Can on do this while burning the bellY? Would it be accmplished by doing 2 chest weight lifting days? Or is it impossible?

Also, what would be the best approach to burning the belly as far as diet goes? I know eat a clean diet, but should I do carb depletion too? And if so, how little carbs, and des fiber count?

THANKS!!!!
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/05/10, 08:42 AM
I think your best bet (other than fixing your diet) is to do a cardio/weightlifting program.

Try doing a 2-3 day a week full body routine, not just chest. On top of that try to incorporate some good cardio into your schedule.