Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

skin or cellulite???

eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/16, 09:13 AM
I am 29 yrs old. I have been fighting what I thought was loose skin forever, but now that I have been on this I am wondering if it is mostly cellulite. I drink alot of water and since I have upped my weight in training, I have seen a big difference with the bubbliness of my legs. I moisturize twice most days with a skin firming lotion. Does anyone think they have some advice or input for me? I would appreciate the help. Thanks so much.

--------------
persistant to be healthy and strong...so I can kick butt if I wanna!!!!!!
ufo_10
ufo_10
Canada
2003/04/16, 03:59 PM
Cellulite Therapies
Cellulite is simply fat and there are no magical therapies for it. If the fat cells are reduced in size, the fat deposits will shrink thus minimizing the skin dimpling. Diet and exercise are the best means to attack cellulite. Body wraps, herbal remedies, supplements, rollers, brushes, toning lotions, spa therapies, enzyme injections, massage, and electrical muscle stimulation are not effective. Only weight reduction, exercise and more drastic plastic surgery procedures are effective in reducing cellulite. Any temporary benefit seen from wraps, supplements, or toning lotions is due to water loss. The fat is still there.

Cellulite is not caused by the build up of toxins, errors in lymphatic draining, or poor blood flow to an area. Nor is it caused by the hormone estrogen. Most toxins are dealt with in the liver and kidneys just prior to excretion. Fat tissue is well vascularized and well drained by the lymphatic system. If estrogen were the cause of cellulite, then menopause would take care of it and men would never have cellulite. High caloric intake, sedentary lifestyle, and heredity are the chief causes of cellulite. A healthy diet composed of low fat foods, fruits, and vegetables along with regular exercise will help to reduce fat deposits and provide underlying muscle tone.

This is copied from http://www.e-cellulite.net/

Hope it helps

--------------
That that doesn't kill you makes you stronger
eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/16, 04:35 PM
well..ufo...I know that therepies dont work. I was not even thinking of that ...actually I am asking for exercises and suggestions from that point. I do however, think I do have some skin problems too...I have been seriously overweight early in my childhood. I lost over one hundred lbs in my teens. I did not gain anything back until my pregnancies..and I have always lost the weight as soon as my body was adjusted and let me take the extra off. I am not unactive nor do I eat high fat foods. I actually am pretty active and I am on a lower fat diet...so that is not the reason it is hangin on there. thanks for the input tho....

--------------
persistant to be healthy and strong...so I can kick butt if I wanna!!!!!!
jlpo
jlpo
United States
2003/04/22, 09:52 AM
I too was an overweight child. I lost the weight before I grad. from HS. Since then, I have been active for nearly 30 years with regular aerobic ex. and weight training. To the greatest extent possible, I eat organic. Last year I worked with a personal trainer for months and got real intense with diet and ex. I wrote everything I put in my mouth down, high protein, lots of water, you name it. I lowered my body fat to 17%. I don't want to lose any weight and I think that's a pretty healthy BF %. I have even eliminated carbonation, sugar, caffeine, flour, etc. I am a vegetarian and natural foods enthusiast so don't eat ANY refined foods or chemicals. Guess what? The cellulite didn't budge. I joked with my trainer that 15% must be on the back of my legs. I would love to know how to get it moving. She is a champion bodybuilder who trains regularly with a world renowned trainer and her only advice was to keep doing what I am doing. I have no advice for you, only support.
eanderson73
eanderson73
United States
2003/04/23, 12:31 PM
thanks jlpo. I am very proud of you for your extensive determination. I guess that we should be very proud of our efforts and determination and feel confident in the people we are. I too think my bf is on my thighs and arms..and I doubt it will ever completely go away either. I just remind myself that all of the exercise and healthy food is making me healthier and will hopefully keep me feeling and looking younger as I age gracefully..lol.
Hang in there..and thanks again for your support.