Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

shyness

sunshine_melody
sunshine_melody
United States
2002/08/01, 03:10 PM
Hey--
I know you all are older than me (well, most) but did you or do you still have shyness around the opposite sex? How did you get over it? Did you ever see like a really nice guy who is absolutely wonderful and sweet and charming but you could never get up the nerve to talk to him? Thats my prob. If anyone has any suggestions about how to learn to get over my fear of rejection and just do it! That would be great. Thanks

sunshine
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/08/01, 03:22 PM
Sunshine, your fear of rejection is normal...unless you just have an arrogant-type personality. I find it extremely sexy when women approach men. Why? It shows the men what the woman wants...that takes the guesswork out of the picture.

If you have confidence in your ability to communicate (with the opposite sex or not), then you should definitely approach men. This takes some practice, but I am confident you will give it a try and not be disappointed! ;-)

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/08/01, 08:40 PM
I'm shy around everyone, guys and girls.
But anyways, rejection happens, and it stings and then it goes away. Rejection doesn't say anything about you, it doesn't mean you're unattractive, it just means that so and so didn't see in you whatever it was you saw in him, and it frees you up to move on to the next person. You are 16, now would be an excellent time to flirt with everyone! Everyone in your age range that is. It will give you some practice, so years from now when you find somebody really really special you'll know what to do.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/08/02, 03:23 AM
I'm military so I overcame my shyness of men real quick. Not shy anymore, very outspoken now. Just remember the worst that can happen is that he tells you no. At least you'll know. No worse off than you already are, and maybe you'll gain a great guy in your life.

--------------
Lisa
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/08/02, 09:32 AM
Sunshine, I was just like you. I never went up to any girl at all. Even thru college I kept to my self. Then I had to get a job, at a Blockbuster. That cured me of having any fear. Plus the weightlifting helped a lot.

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!
sunshine_melody
sunshine_melody
United States
2002/08/02, 11:13 AM
thanks everyone! I start school again in a few weeks and my goal is to strike a conversation with everyone I meet and next summer I am getting a job so hopefully, I'll be cured in no time!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/08/09, 11:37 AM
Hi Sunshine, I think what you are describing is common for both men & women, You are yonge and this will change as you get older and more self confident. I personally am very outgoing I love people all different kinds of people I will talk to any one man or women hell even animals lol. But was a lot different when I was your age. Dont look at it as a problem just a part of life that most go through I am sure you will do fine. That guy you are talking about probably feels the same about you but is also shy. Good luck

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
sunshine_melody
sunshine_melody
United States
2002/08/09, 05:09 PM
Thanks Sempai