Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

shoulder/collar bone and chest pain!

roviaro
roviaro
United States
2004/05/09, 09:50 PM
I am 24 and have been working out religously (6 days) a week for quite some time. About two weeks ago I was doing chest exercises. The routine was nothing out of my normal routine and the next day i experienced soreness in my pecs and some chest wall pain (this is pretty normal for me actually). I did have a slight burning sensation in my shoulder that seemed strange but of course I decided to do shoulders anyway(day after my chest workout). The soreness in my shoulders quickly intensified so I stopped lifting weights and played basketball for 2 hours. The next morning the pain in my shoulders had become very painful and the chest wall pain that i had (which normall goes away within a day, was still there). I discontinue working out for about 5 days and the chest wall pain was nearly gone, and so was my shoulder pain - BUT the area around my collar bone felt a little uncomfortable. I decided to try and do some sort of workout at the gym and try some chest exercises. my chest/shoulder and collar bone area immediately hurt. so AGAIN, i discontinued working out and as of right now, my collar bone area (seems like the muscle around it) is sore and the soreness seems to spread to my lower neck. Anyone have any idea whats going on? the muscle around my shoulder is also slightly painful (i know if i were to lift weights, the pain would probably intensify). I went to my doctor who I believe is essentially clueless and has no idea, as he just prescribed advil. In addition to the one workout session where i "tested" my chest muscles, i have done leg workouts as well as bi/tris. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks