Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder Injury

kolhy
kolhy
Canada
2012/01/24, 03:55 PM
Tiomatin asks:  Kind of ironic that now that I am so highly motiviated I have a shoulder injury. The good thing is that although I am unable to chest excercises -- as in free weightsAnyone able to provide input on type of excercises that can help with training to tone up, gain muscle that does not involve pushing weights but a pull-type excercise?

Hi Tim,

If you haven't already,  you should get clearance from you physician or physical therapist before you start a program.  You may be in a crummy position now but you could make things a lot worse. As you already know, if it hurts - stop!

What happened to your shoulder?  What type of injury is it?

These are some exercises that you may be able to do.
  • Bent over rows
  • Bench pull
  • Rear shoulder pull (AKA face pull) using different angles
  • Dumbbell lateral raises:  internally rotate your arms so your thumbs are pointed dowward. (select a lighter weight than you would normally use.)
  • Upright row
  • Internal/external rotation with cable
  • Scaption + shrug at the top
  • "T" tracers:
    Stand holding light-weight plates (2.5-5 lbs.) in the palms of your hands under your chin like you're drinking out of a bowl.  Keep the plates at shoulder height while  extending your arms in front of you and then moving your arms out to the side of your body. Bring them back to centre and finally, back to under your chin.