Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Sharp pain when I flex my arm

tonyhong
tonyhong
United States
2006/09/01, 01:11 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and after reading several entries and seeing how supportive and helpful the community is, I was hoping someone might be of help. So I am experiencing pain in my lower portion of my bicep, I'd like to say underneath my bicep. The pain occurs whenever I bend my arm to approximately a perpendicular position and goes away when it's fully flexed or left extended. The pain occurs basically every time I bend my arm. This problem has occurred in the past, but that was maybe 3-4 years ago and I think was initially caused when I was doing dumbbell triceps extensions, much like doing skull crushers but with dumbbells instead of a barbell. Anyways, I went to the Doctor's back then, and he took an x-ray and basically told me nothing can be done. So I rested it for a few months and resumed lifting again. Keep in mind that this was all 4 years ago. I've been lifting ever since and there were no problems. Now, a sharp pain occurs every time I bend my arm right above my elbow below my bicep. Hopefully someone knows the problem. There are no bruises or disformities. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony