Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

sharp glute pain

eamckeever
eamckeever
United States
2009/08/29, 10:47 PM
For the past year and a half I have sporadically gotten a sharp pain in either side of my glutes. Chiropractors couldn't figure out cause. Neurologist couldn't find anything. I notice that it occurs a few hours after sitting on certain surfaces (school bus, a hill, a certain couch). Sometimes I wake up with the pain. It usually takes 24-48 hours to go away. When it's aggravated like this, it really hurts when I walk. I've tried ice and stretching. Not sure what else to do or why my body is reacting this way.
FuzzyReets
FuzzyReets
United States
2009/10/20, 09:42 PM
I have a similar problem and wondering if you have found out anything more about your problems/symptoms. Thanks.

============
Quoting from eamckeever:

For the past year and a half I have sporadically gotten a sharp pain in either side of my glutes. Chiropractors couldn't figure out cause. Neurologist couldn't find anything. I notice that it occurs a few hours after sitting on certain surfaces (school bus, a hill, a certain couch). Sometimes I wake up with the pain. It usually takes 24-48 hours to go away. When it's aggravated like this, it really hurts when I walk. I've tried ice and stretching. Not sure what else to do or why my body is reacting this way.
=============