Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Sets and Pounds

jboise
jboise
Canada
2001/06/26, 03:28 AM
Hello
I am wondering if the sets that are involved in my work out are to be done as all 4 sets of 1 exercise or, 1 of each 4 exercises and then start again with the first??

Also I find that with new exercises if I am not hitting the prescribed target reps(over or under) should I modify the lbs. between sets to bring it more inline with what FT has outlined or leave it alone until the next time I use that exercise.

'"Build your character, not just your image."

Jimi B
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/07/02, 12:29 AM
Hey jimi if you're just getting into tjis then use a weight that you can do for the number of target reps and let your body and mind learn about this new adventure. You will find many pages of literature on rest periods between sets, rep timing(1 sec up/ 2secs down), and training methods. These all depend on your goal. But to start I recommend that you do 1 set then rest before going on to the next set. Finish your goal sets then go on to the next exercise. Some of us have time constraints and have to jam all our training into a shorter time period and train 2-3 muscle groups together,say,chest, tri's and abs one day then shoulders and bi's/forearms. Then I do one set chest followed by 30 sec rest then tri's and 45 sec rest then back to chest,etc. Joe Weider came up with about 20 different training regimens, you can check out the book. You have just begun to scratch the surface about training routines.