Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Serious Problem

mokkasdad
mokkasdad
United States
2011/01/17, 01:07 PM
I'm planning to join the army in the next few months, and I've started working out again. I'm in decent shape, but I need to get in to great shape. I have a problem that could be a deal breaker though.
Every time I jog, whether outside or on a treadmill I develop calf pain. The pain is sudden, and moderate. It becomes more severe if I don't stop. It goes away after a few days.
Right now it affects my right calf, but in the past when I jogged it affected the left calf also. The pain seems to affect different parts of the calf during different occurrences. Sometimes it strikes the lower calf. Sometimes the inner calf, and sometimes the outer portion.
It usually takes about 10-15 minutes of jogging before it hits, and again it only happens when jogging. Calf raises, leg presses, elliptical, bike, and walking are all fine.
Please...I need some help!

Reddy
Reddy
United States
2011/02/10, 07:36 PM
that much pain - I would see a doctor
something has to be wrong for that to be happening