Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

scoliosis and slipped disks

nap1017
nap1017
China
2006/10/23, 12:03 AM
Can anyone give me a good advice on which specific exercises I can perform? I have scoliosis and a year ago, i suffered from slipped disks at my lower back. I'm not yet fully recovered til now but I just can't stop thinking of getting back to the gym. I underwent conservative treatments for my lower back since the time i discovered i had this and the pain i was having before has greatly reduced. I love to jog and do bench presses. Is there any hope for me?
nap1017
nap1017
China
2006/10/23, 02:28 AM
thanks ogono for the fast reply. It's very helpful. I'm just quite confused sometimes on some advice from different people like some say jogging is fine while others would suggest that I stop jogging as this would aggravate my condition. For a cardio workout, i would prefer running on the treadmill rather than riding the stationary bike. what would you suggest?
nap1017
nap1017
China
2006/10/23, 03:25 AM
haha, the story you just shared is really funny. as for me, i think mine developed because of those high drafting tables and chairs (took up architecture in college) and with this set up, one has to really bend over to draw, or maybe im just trying to put a blame on my school. hehe. Regarding slipped disk, i think i got it when i did the squats. It all started with a pain on my left hip (i originally thought was a pulled muscle) and persisted for more than a month. Later on there was a sharp pain on my whole leg down to my left foot and i have a difficult time bending over.... Anyway, really thanks for replying. At least i know i can still do my workout routine, but this time with more caution.