Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Sciatica

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/04/21, 05:04 AM
I have Sciatica from imbalanced muscles, I was doing a lot of abs works and neglected to do and glut and lower back work!

How do I correct this and when?

It's been a rough 2 months but now most of the back pain is gone but it still remains in the butt, hip and leg.

I was staying away from all ab work and only doing stretches and some lower back strengthening while injured along with cardio, swimming, icing and heating!

I felt like I was about 2 to 3 weeks away from 100% last week so I started up on light ab work but one day I got a flare up in the pool and now I fee like I set myself back in rehab another week or 2!

What can I do and should I do to just get rid of this crap and be able to train in resistance and everything eles at a 100% level again.

I do plan on hiring a personal trainer to work with me once I'm 100% ready at the gym and can fully afford it, my goals are to not ever have to work out in the gym without a trainer but that time isn't here yet!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/04/21, 08:33 AM
This should help you out:

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/conserv/sciaex/sciaex01.html

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/04/21, 05:37 PM
really hard to tell what common cause I have but I'm sure I can rule out slipped disc's and degenerate also seeming I did have an exray taken by the doctor and nothing was found!

spinal stenosis and piriformis syndrome are the two that come to mind and I wish I new more on how to tell which 1 it exactly is, but I have been doing all these stretches daily all the stretches from all the causes!