Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

School Work Out Room.

idontknow312
idontknow312
Canada
2007/09/13, 03:50 PM
I always wanted to go to my School Work Out Room but I am always nervous that the other guys might laugh at me if i can't do heavy lifting (usualy the guys in my school that goes to the work out room is big). Or sometimes when people look at me when i do my workouts i get really nervous and cant perform my best. If i were to try out the school work out room what type of weight or how heavy should i try to lift for the first time (i never lifted in my intire life!)?
2007/09/13, 04:12 PM
I am sure it is hard, and easier said than done, but try and not worry about anyone else. Start off light with the main compound lifts and slowly add weight. Make sure you are using proper form. It sounds like you want to venture in and lift. So screw it and go for it. Life is to short to worry about something like this. Grab a routine from this site and get started. Make sure you check out the nutritional threads as well.

Squat, Deadlift, Overhead Press, Chin/Pull Ups, Dips, Bench, Rows, Lunges, etc... They all have variations so dont be shy and start lifting. You will not regret it. You have found a great resource in this site, everything you need to know is right here. Good Luck and if you need more help post it or send me a PM and I will do what I can.

--------------
Those who want tolerance must be tolerant to intolerance.
mccanntm
mccanntm
United States
2007/09/20, 04:59 PM
Ka is giving you great advice. The FT routines are great for beginners.

Don't forget one thing. Even the strongest person in the room was a newbie once. Also, Do you go to the weight room to look what other other lifters? Most likely not. What would make you presume that they are looking at you either.

Don't be afraid to ask someone either about form or how to use the equipment. Most lifters (even teenage ones) are glad to share their knowledge.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/09/21, 03:14 PM
Are you friends with any of the huge guys? Even a decently big guy? If not, make friends with one of them.

If so go with them, especially if it is someone who will stand up for you. That way you don't have to worry and you will also have a good workout partner.
idontknow312
idontknow312
Canada
2007/09/21, 04:04 PM
Yea i know a few person that is decently big (few of them are on the football team). Not bad idea never thought about these before! Thanks for these great advice!
idontknow312
idontknow312
Canada
2007/09/21, 04:15 PM
Oh ya i forgot to add this to the above post! I also like Jogging and was wondering if when i jogg does it increase my leg strength like as if i was doing squats?
2007/09/21, 04:26 PM
NO !!!!

--------------
Those who want tolerance must be tolerant to intolerance.