Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

right shoulder and knee injuries combo

Flexxa
Flexxa
Canada
2007/07/29, 04:08 PM
Hello! I am happy to be back after a long while.
Ok, shoulder injury happened first, in a progressive manner, like let's say two months. I think as I tried a new heavier weight (shoulder presses), I must have lost my form and also my trapezious was affected when I was doing shrugs in the smith mac . 3 weeks ago I felt the pain and doc told me to go to physio. Meanwhile, three saturdays ago I injuried my knee, getting out of the abs apparatus, I jumped, landed on feet but with my right knee locked. I feel tingly sensation, it was little bothersome but I thought it was going to be over. WRONG! Last week was a real week and started physio for that one too. *sighs* I can't walk properly, although this weekend a doc told me I should get a knee cap, those with the a hole on the patella which is making the differencw; my knee is weak and sore, I am on Novo-Naprox as well.

The physiotherapist says knee will be faster to heal than shoulder. (I can't write or do any repetitive movement for too long,I can't raise my arm the pain goes from the back to half of my tricep). I should wait one month, or three weeks. I am doing physio exercise and stop if it's painful. As both of my upper and lower body have been affected I am of course, frustrated but I know I have to wait so I do that.

When it is a good sign to come back to the gym? If you have gone through this how long have you waited?

Thank you.

--------------
~Flexxa~