Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Returning member

crackerjack
crackerjack
United Kingdom
2005/06/03, 06:22 PM
Anyone remember me??

I was doing great at the beginning of last year, then got sidetracked by a few things i'd rather not go in to. it's been a difficult year, but, here I am once again starting all over (in more ways than one!) I find this place feels very familiar and encouraging.

I do have one problem I need advice on. I cannot for the life of me do a squat anymore. My knees have decided they have had quite enough, thank you. Even during 'everyday' life they will collapse, and cause pain at various times.

I am very disappointed by this, squats were a favourite of mine. Not that I did them with any intensity - I found it didn't take much to achieve results far beyone anything else I did.

Is there anything I can do as a substitute?

I am back to using dumbbells at home for the time being. Starting back at the beginning with minimal weight.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

C
2005/06/06, 03:03 AM
consult with a doctor...but with a thorough warm up you might be able to do squats...which should help strengthen your legs/joints....

take gloucosomine/choindoritin, gloucosomine sulfate, and MSM...they should help ease joint problems(look for them on ww.vitamins.com or look for deals at local drug stores....don't buy them full price or brand name because they are quite expensive).....wait 4-6 weeks before expecting results...

meanwhile you can try, single split leg bulgarian lunges or squats, regular lunges....hack squats, leg press, leg extensions,....