Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Recipes - Cookies, Treats, Desserts

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/08, 10:39 PM
MMMM.

Mix1/2 to 1c fat=free or low fat Ricotta cheese with 3 tbsp cocoa powder and 3 tbsp splenda, blend well.
Eat.
Add expresso powder if desired. or vanilla extract.
I also have mixed my ricotta with General mills International sugar-free vanilla cafe au lait.

Any sugar-free cocoa powder would bve good mixed in.

--------------
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
- David Viscott

chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/08, 11:23 PM
SODA CAKE

Cake mix (any flavor, experiment)
Diet Soda (I like using different Diet Shasta flavors)

Mix together and Bake as directed. Makes 12 servings and I divide it out and put them in little aluminum foil packets.
This is very good and very moist.

cal 170/fat 3.5/carb 35/protein/1
febreze
febreze
United Kingdom
2006/01/09, 01:59 PM
MANGO AND CARDAMOM FROZEN YOGHURT (from food doctor diet cookbook)

1 large, ripe mango
100ml low fat natural yoghurt
100ml reduced-fat fromage frais
2 cardamom pods
1 egg white (optional)
2 tsp lemon juice
grated zest of 1/2 orange

peel mango and slice flesh off stone. Put flesh in blender and blitz for a few secs till its pureed. Tip into a bowl and stir in the yoghurt and fromage frais.

Scrape the black seeds from the cardamom pods and grind to a powder. Tip into the mango mix along with the orange zest and mix well.

If using the egg white , whisk until stiff and fold into mango mix.

put into the freezer and mix a few times before it freezes to prevent hard crystals forming.

let it soften for about 20 mins before eating. Can also squeeze the flesh from half a passion fruit on top with some orange zest.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/01/09, 04:12 PM
One of my favorite 'dieting' desserts is sugar-free jell-o made with diet rite soda instead of the cold water. Diet rite makes so many flavors, you can match them up to the type of jell-o you are making - kiwi strawberry is my favorite, but there are a lot of choices.
Top it with Cool-whip free and it is a tasty treat!

--------------
You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
- David Viscott

chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/17, 07:32 PM
kakaroto

Peanut pudding thingie:
200G cottage cheese
1/4cup skim milk
2tsp splenda
3tsp natty PB
Blend it all together and whack that baby in the freezer for around 2-3 hours.
Fan freakin tastic stuff, I used to hate CC but now I look forward to it every night.

Another alternative if you dont want all the PB fat is to throw in a tsp of vannila essence, in place of the PB, kinda tastes a little like cheese cake but I still prefer PB.
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/17, 07:33 PM
kakaroto

Dessert Fudge Shake
Throw these in a blender: ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, a dash of spenda, 1 cup of ice, ½ cup water. Blend for 30 seconds, open the lid, throw in 1 oz. walnuts, and chop for a few seconds. It tastes like an ice cream dessert, no kidding.
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/01/17, 07:33 PM
Joann’s Tweaked Fool Yourself Cookies
Makes 8 cookies

1 T. fat free cream cheese
1 pkg. sugar free/ fat free hot cocoa mix
1/3 banana
1/3 c. oatmeal, raw
1 scoop either chocolate or vanilla protein powder
1 egg white
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mash together banana and cream cheese in a med. bowl. Add egg white, vanilla and beat. In a separate bowl combine the 1/3 c. of the powdered oatmeal, hot cocoa mix, protein powder and baking powder. Slowly add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients batter should be the consistency of thick cake batter. Spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray. Drop batter onto cookie sheet into 8 mounds . Bake for about 8 minutes. Remove cookies immediately to a wire rack to cool . The cookies rise slightly in the oven and the end result is a cake like texture.
Makes 8 cookies. Nutritional stats per cookie;
Calories:38
Proteins:4g.
Carbs:5g.
Fats:1/2g.
So eat the number of cookies that will give you your portion size.

Joann’s BFL Brownies
Makes 9 brownies

1 T. canola margarine
7 T. fat free cream cheese
½ c. Splenda sugar replacement
1 tsp. butter flavored extract
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
3 T. fat free miracle whip
½ c. uncooked oatmeal, blended to powder
¼ c. whole wheat flour
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
1/3 c. Hershey’s Cocoa
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 T. water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a med. bowl and using a hand mixer; mix together margarine, cream cheese, and miracle whip until light and fluffy. Add Splenda and butter flavored extract. Then add whole egg and egg whites; mix well. Set aside. In a separate bowl combine oatmeal powder, whole wheat flour, protein powder, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Mix well to combine. Then add to liquid mixture and add the water. Pour batter into a 9x9” square pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Smooth batter evenly into pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool; then cut into 9 pieces. Nutritional stats per brownie;
Calories:99
Proteins:9g.
Carbs:9g.
Fats:3g.
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/02/07, 11:59 PM
JustinE22
.. ft Elite Status

Protein Brownies

These are great to bring in a zip-lock bag to the movies so you can have a treat but grow while you're watching the latest flick!

Ingredients:

3 scoops Ultra Size Chocolate from Beverly International
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 whole egg
8 oz water

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth

2. Pour into microwave safe container

3. Microwave for 5 - 8 minutes (until you notice bubbles starting to form and the top is becoming firmer)

4. Remove, cover, and let set at room temperature for 20 minutes

Nutrition Information:

Calories: 544
Protein: 58 g (42%)
Carbohydrate: 19 g (14%)
Fat: 28 g (45%)
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/03/03, 12:04 AM
I tried this today, similar to amy's riccota with an added bonus.

fat free ricotta 3/4 cup,
1 tbsp natty peanut butter
tsp cocoa powder
2 artifical sweetner packets of your choice.

mmmmm, mmmmm, goood. :)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/15, 10:08 AM
This looks pretty tasty:

Heavenly Lemon Mousse

Phase 1

Makes 6 servings (1/2 cup each)

Making mousse is not hard, but you do have to watch the mixture carefully as it cooks, since it thickens quickly. Phase 2 and 3 diners can top with fresh seasonal berries.

Ingredients:
6 egg yolks
2 whole eggs
3/4 cup Splenda® or sugar substitute
1 tablespoon lemon peel (from 1 large lemon)
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1 1/2 cups South Beach Diet®-approved whipped topping

Instructions:
1. In medium stainless steel saucepan over medium heat, combine yolks, whole eggs, Splenda®, peel, and juice. Cook 4 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened to a custard consistency.

2. Remove from heat; pour into medium bowl and refrigerate until cold (about 30 minutes). Just before serving, fold in whipped topping until combined and lightened. Spoon into serving bowls.

Nutritional Information:
136 calories
5 g protein
10 g carbohydrates
0 g fiber
8 g total fat (4 g saturated fat)
275 mg cholesterol
32 mg sodium

Like this recipe? It's from The South Beach Diet® Newsletter

--------------

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
-Henry David Thoreau
Virgo78
Virgo78
United States
2006/10/15, 10:15 AM
Does anyone know of a site with great healthy recipes, but also the nutritional info aw well? Most of the ones I use don't include this, and until I found this site, I NEVER watched my fat grams or caloric intake...I have no idea what a cup of milk or a turkey sandwich offers me!!! Any suggestions?

============
Quoting from asimmer:

MMMM.

Mix1/2 to 1c fat=free or low fat Ricotta cheese with 3 tbsp cocoa powder and 3 tbsp splenda, blend well.
Eat.
Add expresso powder if desired. or vanilla extract.
I also have mixed my ricotta with General mills International sugar-free vanilla cafe au lait.

Any sugar-free cocoa powder would bve good mixed in.

=============
chellie1234
chellie1234
United States
2006/10/15, 07:40 PM
virgo,
Here is a site were you can look up just about anything including fast food.the search is at the top right of the screen.
http://www.nutritiondata.com/

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/16, 06:47 PM
There are some sites where you can enter recipes and it calculates the nutrients, etc. Try doing a googl;e search and see what comes up, I have played with afew of them, but find it tedious.

You can figure out what is in your food by reading the packages and doing a little math, or there are lots of sites where you can enter ingredients seperately and track it that way, this one included, fitday.com is one also.

I have been trying to include amounts/nutrient breakdown in my more recent posts, sometimes I forget...or am too lazy

--------------

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.
-Henry David Thoreau
jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2006/11/06, 10:00 PM

Just made this tonight and thought it was a pretty healthy/tasty snack. Take a can of tuna ( I use albacore, i think it tastes better) drain the water then season with a dash of low sodium salt, pepper, and some lemon juice. Next put on a Ritz cracker, top it with a thin slice of a jalapeno pepper and a small thin piece of chedder cheese (made with 2% milk) and throw in toaster oven till it melts and eat.

--------------
Jonathan (jonnnyko@hotmail.com)
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/13, 03:42 PM
bump!:big_smile:

--------------
It doesnt matter. Nothing matters anymore but the relentless pursuit of the overall trophy.

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training