Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Question about fat/muscle!!!! HELP

kschoenewald
kschoenewald
United States
2001/10/22, 11:12 PM
Hi, I have been working out for quite awhile (lifting and cycling), and have a question concerning the fat still on top of the muscle. You know when you really start to get results and your muscles are tightening up? During this time, is the fat more noticeable on top of the muscle? I know the question is a little out of the ordinary but I seem to notice the fat more now that my muscles underneath the fat are tightening. It is more noticeable around my hip area. Maybe its just me!!! hehe.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/10/23, 08:27 PM
Hmmm.. not sure what you are asking. But the only way to get rid of the fat is diet and cardio.. exercise will just develop the muscle.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
ken30307
ken30307
United States
2001/10/25, 06:49 AM
I think I know what you are talking about. My guess it's happening around your stomach. If your muscles are getting bigger then they can make you look puffy if you haven't lost the fat yet. Yea..this can be discouraging. Check your body fat percentage using calipers so that you know you are on the right track. This should be temporary (if you are really building muscle) because the muscle should eventually burn off the fat stores with proper diet and exercise.