Group: motivating ladies

Created: 2012/04/06, Members: 397, Messages: 159

a group for ladies any age who want to motivate each other and give advice or just talk and keep track of one another

Join group

Question

taliyatwo
taliyatwo
United States
2013/04/09, 05:41 PM
Hello I just barely joined, I have a few questions. I'm a dancer so I'm already pretty fit. I weigh 115 pounds and I'm 5ft 7, I want to tryout for a drill team, but the problem is I don't have a lot of strength, the flexibility is there, but the strength isn't. For example with leg extensions I can kick my leg up to my face and hold it with my hands, but when I don't hold it with my hands I get a little above a 90 degree angle.So my question is what part of my body do I need to strengthen and what exercises can I do to help that?Open to any suggestions :)
bdattel
bdattel
United States
2013/10/09, 05:22 PM
It's best, in my opinion to strengthen the whole body. But if you don't want to do that than I think you should strengthen you quads and hamstrings. Squats are a great leg exercise, lunges would be good too. I think working the abductors and adductors would be a good idea as well. I am sure you can find all kinds of good exercies from the exercise tab on top of your screen. I have a sliding machine at home I use to work my adductors. Take a look at this video maybe it will help you www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX5BIQ40ogM. Let me know how it goes and if I helped. 

Thanks,

Brenna