Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Q'sss on creatine loading,intake,etc..

bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/06/06, 09:40 PM
Ok this is my last week on my 8 week mass program. Now from what Ive read i think i should take a week off and let my body chill eh..

1- Now when should I start loading creatine, while in my week off or wait till i start trainning again?
2-Loading... Is taking about 15 grams per day for 4 days ok\good?
3-After loading, is taking 3 grams a day ok? And when should i take this dosage,am\pm? note:i workout @ 3pm
4- And what do you guys mix it with to drink?

And yes im aware of drinking TONS of water.... Already used to drinking alot of water...Ill just drink more , about 8-10 litres a day.

Let me know of any advice i need to know , im so sceptical of trying this , but my curiosity has won.

bx
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/06/07, 01:32 PM
Go to the Creatine Newsletter website and they will tell you all the answers you seek.
bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/06/08, 05:53 PM
Skylar,

Could you cut and paste me the exact url please.
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/06/07, 01:34 PM
Oh by the way I would go into a definition/toning/endurance program now. I believe Flex mag has a tendon building program which would be good also.
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/06/08, 05:05 AM
I would have taken creatine during my mass program. What are your goals for your next cycle? If your looking to cut up I would avoid creatine because it will make you smooth.

The loading looks fine. But I've read in many places that you don't need to do the loading phase. You can mix it with anything that is cold. Don't use warm or hot items because that will damage the creatine leaving you with an ineffective product. I like grapefruit you get better absorbtion. I know you stated this already but DRINK LOTS OF WATER.. :O)

I would not cycle it more then 4 - 6 weeks.

~billk~
bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/06/08, 06:07 PM
Bilk,

Well i was thinking of maybe doing another 8 week mass program. Im still pretty skinny and dont have much to cut.

Need advice on this Q..Now can i start loading this upcoming week ( which is my rest week) or should i wait till i start trainning again to load?

Oh and one more thing , i read somewhere DO NOT drink alcohol while on creatine ... Not even 4-5 beers on saturday nights? I totally understand why they say that since alcohol dehydrates you and then you got ur creatine that is always starving for water but I mean , can something really bad happen if you do go party one night?

bx
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/06/09, 10:08 AM
It may be Ideal to do your loading phase during your week off. Just don't act like a manic lifting tons of weight when you start your mass cycle. After you start your mass cycle take your creatine after lifting.

~billk~