Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

psych up

yrpal34
yrpal34
United States
2004/04/25, 08:38 PM
hey everyone, I have a problem whenever a big tournament has me minutes from stepping on to the tennis court my muscles are so tight i can barely move until the middle of the first set! that bothers me a lot and I want to know how I can get my muscles ready to go BEFORE the match... by the way, Tennis is my sport and did i spell psych right?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/26, 08:05 AM
You ned some help with your mental game. Olympic athletes are trained to go through the game , as they would like it to happen, in their mind many times before the actual game.
Spend some time imagining yourself relaxed, playing a good game from the get-go.
Sounds more like stage froght - the only cure for that is to get used to performing. I still get jittery when i do seminars, but I find it helps to do vocal warm-ups in the car on the way, breath deeply, remind myself that i know what i am doing, that i talk about health and fitness all of the time.
There are books out there on sports psychology and performance anxiety, ask your coach or look at the local library.
Maybe picturing the opponent in their underwear? It would at least make you laugh a little...

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
yrpal34
yrpal34
United States
2004/04/26, 09:04 AM
lol thanks for the insight I'll make sure to put it in effect as soon as next match