Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 102, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protien shakes Whey

90PoundWeakling
90PoundWeakling
Canada
2006/02/13, 10:05 PM
- Hey, here's what im wondering. I have just started weight training and am currently 16 years old and weigh 135 lbs on a 5 11 ft frame. I have been taking 3 protien shakes a day with 1/2 a teaspoon of creatine in the shake.

my nutrition plan says i should hit these requirments

Protein -
203 g .. maximum 10% variance is acceptable

Carbohydrates -
473 g .. maximum 10% variance is acceptable

Fats -
94 g .. maximum 10% variance is acceptable

Total Calories -
3375 .. calculated maximum, do not exceed for current goal

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today this is what i did

Calories Protiens Carbs fats
meal 1 375 kcal 47 g 38 g 5 g
meal 2 1696 kcal 125g 171 g 60g
meal 3 1062 kcal 47 g 127 g 42g
--------- ----- ----- -----
3133 kcal 219 g 336 g 107 g

This is very close to the nutrition plan but is it what i should be doing at my age? is it safe? Im wondering because it seams to me im eating all the time.

any help would be appreatiated

:)
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/02/13, 10:13 PM
You might get more answers if you break out what your food intake was along with the protein shakes.
90PoundWeakling
90PoundWeakling
Canada
2006/02/13, 10:26 PM
Ok here it is:

Meal 1:
1 Packet Oatmeal (Water with apple and cinimon)
2 scoops Wehy with milk

Meal 2:
2 scoops Wehy with milk
1 slice peperoni pizza

Meal 3:
2 BLT's (i said they were submarines with coldcuts)
a hot chocolate.

and probably i'd say 7-10 glasses of water.
90PoundWeakling
90PoundWeakling
Canada
2006/02/13, 10:43 PM
woops also with each protien shake i took 1/2 a teaspoon of creatine.
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/13, 10:49 PM
I'd have to say you need to visit the specific diet and nutrition forum and read up on good healthy whole foods like chicken breast, sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, broccoli, stuff like that. Check out the "grocery list for healthy eating" and read thru some of the diet posts. "diet thread" is long but a very good read. How close the numbers your working off of are is another thing in itself, read up on caloric intake, learn how to diet successfully, with that intact and a solid workout routine you should see healthy gains at your age. Protein shakes are best left for use after your workout. I wouldn't even say the creatine is necessary at this point.
Also, take a minute to fill out your profile so we know more about you(male/female, etc.) and your goals. Good luck and welcome to FT!

--------------
Seize the day!
90PoundWeakling
90PoundWeakling
Canada
2006/02/14, 04:48 PM

Ok but i dont see anywhere i can change my profile for this forum without updating (16 broke). Can you do it without updating.

============
Quoting from Mojo_67:

I'd have to say you need to visit the specific diet and nutrition forum and read up on good healthy whole foods like chicken breast, sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, broccoli, stuff like that. Check out the "grocery list for healthy eating" and read thru some of the diet posts. "diet thread" is long but a very good read. How close the numbers your working off of are is another thing in itself, read up on caloric intake, learn how to diet successfully, with that intact and a solid workout routine you should see healthy gains at your age. Protein shakes are best left for use after your workout. I wouldn't even say the creatine is necessary at this point.
Also, take a minute to fill out your profile so we know more about you(male/female, etc.) and your goals. Good luck and welcome to FT!

=============
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/02/15, 10:29 PM
Click on view your profile at the bottom of your post, the page you get will have community showcase and a pararaph under it, right below that you can click on "add or edit your profile", do so and fill in all info, age, sex, personal info, goals, etc. and make sure you hit submit. done deal.

--------------
Seize the day!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/02/15, 10:46 PM
You need to add some meal frequency. 3 meals per day is not the optimal way to go. Get 5-6 meals. Someone with your frame should be taking in nutrients on an almost constant basis. 5'11....135 lbs.

--------------
Strength and Honor!
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/02/21, 09:33 AM
I eat 5 meals a day,with ....3 are main meals 2 are snacks
When I eat my main meal here is how I break it down

1/2 Plate-Veggies
1/4 Plate-Protein
1/4 Plate-Carbs
2 Tablespoons of good fats(flax oil or olive oil)

I eat nothing but whole grains,fruits/veg lean proteins.I also do not eat meal replacement bars..You can have a good size meal for the same amount of calories in a meal replacemen bar...

You need to eat more of a balance of carbs/proteins and fats to build lean muscle.
Try and stay away from processed foods as much as possible,.because they contain hidden fats and sugars..For example..can you try and cook yourself some large flake oatmeal,add chopped apple and not use the packets.The packets do NOT contain the appropriate amount of fiber,and contain way too much sugar..

Include as many fruits and vegtables in your diet.

I use protein shakes a supplement only..generally after I work out...I do not use them as a meal replacement

You could be meeting your goals as far as fat/carbs etc is concerned but still not getting them from good sources...You arent going to build muscle until you have good building blocks to work with.

The way you are eating may cause you to burn muscle,as your body needs to try and find its energy sources from somewhere...