Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Protien Diet

Serial
Serial
United States
2002/03/26, 08:21 AM
I have tried many different ways to loose body fat but I just can't seem to find the formula. I have tried FT diet and it just isn't working for me either. I am thinking about going on a high protien and low carb diet. Because i heard that when you eat alot of carbs and are lifting you are only burning off those carbs in which you ate but i want to burn off some of the fat. I am by no means fat i am 165 5'11". I would just like to hear some input of what others have to say on this topic, all information is helpful for me. Thanks for taking the time to read this

Serial
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/03/27, 02:00 AM
Lots of proteins, some good fat and low carbs, okey no prob you'll loose weight with that one.
Just one very important thing you have to know, and that is that you are risking ketosis AND you'll have less energy and you body's recuperation time will be longer as well since you wont eat enough carbs.
You can still do this but my suggestion to you is to change every four days and have a carb up day. Here you'll eat lots of carbs and your body will never get use to the other diet routine and you'll keep burning fat.
Good luck.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/03/27, 02:28 PM
Oh, you'll definitely lose weight ... and you'll definitely notice the loss of energy! I also found I was really, REALLY moody on a low carb diet (had a really short temper). You might want to warn your gf/significant other & friends about this in advance ...
frankamodo
frankamodo
United States
2002/03/27, 03:31 PM
And don't forget the fats! you heard it right, the good fats: inoleic acid (omega-6) and linolenic acid (omega-3) which can be found in flaxseed, primrose, cold water fish, canola, etc...

--------------
======== ...frank

Serial
Serial
United States
2002/03/27, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, i have heard of a carb overload day but i wasn't sure what it did but now i do. And as for my gf i'll be sure to put her no notice of this change. Thanks agian