Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protein vs carbs and when to take

Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/26, 08:41 PM
I have just bought my first container, Whey Gold. I have read a lot of post regarding protein consumption. So here is the question my belief was that you take the protein shake after a work out and before bed. and to reduce carb intake as the day progresess. The expert in the fitness store told me to take the protein first thing in the morning and after a work out and to increase carbs as the day progress. With largest carb intake with last meal? any comments please

----------------------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/27, 02:47 AM
Well this thing about eating carbs in the night time instead of in the mornings (as most exercising people do) is something to do with the insuline spike.

Carbs (sugar) gives you cravings for more carbs. To avoid this during the day they'll eat their carbs late in the evening.

Well, if it works for you (and you respect your total daily calorie intake) then fine. It doesn't work for me. I need my morning carbs......

--------------
- Nina :o) Vous êtes tous magnifiques!
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/28, 06:51 PM
I agree Nina I do best with my carb early and 1.5 hours before a work out. Is there any thing wrong with the protein shake at bed time. This is where I am confused I thought that was a good thing to do now I'm not so sure.

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/28, 08:25 PM
I think if the protein shake is relatively low in carbs, it would not be a problem.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/29, 02:26 AM
No all "muscle concerning people" (us!!) should drink a protein shake just before bed time.

The only thing, you should try is to get some time released protein or simply mix your whey with milk. What I also do very often is to take a capsule of fish oil with my shake. This will slow down the digestion and that's excactly what you need to feed your muscles during the night.

--------------
- Nina :o) Vous êtes tous magnifiques!