Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Protein Per Sitting.

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/07/04, 07:48 AM
I've been searching for this info for a while now as I know I saw it posted somewhere...but alas, I can't find it.

What I want to know is how much of the protein in one sitting/meal can my body assimilate before some is going to waste and simply excreted? As occasionally if I'm just off my quota I will up the protein in my night shake to around 60/70g.

Any input would be appreciated.

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/04, 09:03 AM
There is no set number. It will depend on the state of your intestines (absorption) and your protein needs.

Calcultae the amount you need daily and divide it by six and that is your per meal amount.

--------------

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
- Ben Franklin
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/07/04, 09:21 AM
Hey asimmer, yeah i do that, but once in a while I'll be down 20/30g if I have been busy during the day.

So if on the odd occasion I ingest a large amount of protein in one sitting, it isn't likely to goto waste considering I eat approx 55-60g protein/meal?

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/07/04, 09:23 AM
Better it goes to waste , rather than not having enough available.

Protein is broken down and put into amino acid pools that wait around until you have all the aminos you need to make a complete protein and then it is used (simple version). Excess protein is excreted, as long as you are hydrated and drinking enough water, you should have no problem ingesting a lot of protein.

--------------

While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
- Ben Franklin