Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

protein intake??

switchfoot7
switchfoot7
Canada
2007/02/13, 08:27 AM
i posted this in the women's forum but i thought maybe i'd try here instead.....

i've been working out 5 days a week since january doing a program from here. i used to mainly do cardio but now i've been doing way more weight lifting. i've been gaining muscle but would like to lose some more fat. i'm 5'8.5" and 150 lbs. (last summer i was down to 135 but had very little muscle)

so i put the info into the nutrition plan here and it said i should eat 150g Protein, 300g Carbs, 24g Fat and 1998 Cal. each day. am i really supposed to eat this much protein and how can i do this daily without taking a powder. i would rather eat whole foods than take supplements. also, is it true that your body can only absorb up to a certain amount of protein at one time?

thanks for any help or comments!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/13, 11:45 AM
I just answered you in the womens forum, I will try to find the post I mentioned and bump it up for you - look for posts to surface in the forums on protein...

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach