Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

protein diets, good thing

sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/05/29, 04:12 PM

Wow, I love this article, I had to post it because it is great re-inforcement to tell women why protein is so important to weight loss and everyday life.

High protein diets help women lose fat!

by Paul Cribb, B.H.Sci HMS
AST Director of Research

Male bodybuilders know the importance of high protein diets to build muscle and get lean. However, many women that want to improve their body shape are unsure of the right diet to follow. A recent study revealed that a high protein/moderate carbohydrate diet may be the way to go for effective fat loss for women.

This study examined the efficacy of two weight loss diets on body composition and blood lipids in 24 middle aged women. One group consumed a high carbohydrate/ moderate protein diet (carb/protein ratio of 5.3, 68 grams protein/day) or a high protein/moderate carbohydrate (ratio of 4.1, 125 grams protein/day) diet. Diets were equal in energy content and contained similar amounts of fat.

After 10 weeks on these diets, the women that consumed the high protein diet lost significantly more body weight and made significantly better improvements in lean body mass to body fat ratio. While both groups showed reduced serum cholesterol levels, the high protein group showed a much better reduction (21%) in blood fats.

The high protein/moderate carb intake was also more effective in stabilizing blood sugar and insulin levels. Interestingly, the women on the high protein diet also reported greater satiety during the diet, making the goal of losing fat much easier to achieve.

High protein/moderate carbohydrate diets maybe the most effective way for women to loss fat and keep it off.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!

THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY TRUE PATH TO SUCCESS, PRIDE, JOY, HAPPINESS, LONG TERM FULFILLMENT AND SELF-ESTEEM!